Paseo Civico Metropolitano
Groundlab as part of a consortium made of LyonBosch Architects+Martic, Idom and Sergio Chiquetto has won a major competition to redevelop the Alameda/Providencia Urban Corridor in the City of Santiago,Chile.
The project comprises the design of a 12 km transport/urban corridor that enhances the public space and integrates public transport to the civic life of the city by prioritizing pedestrian and bicycle movement. It creates a linear plaza framed by water and tree landscape that brings back the character of the corridor as an ‘Alameda’.
- Name: Paseo Civico Metropolitano| Alameda Providencia Corridor.
- Location: Santiago de Chile.
- Year of Competition: 2015
- Site: 12 Km length
- Design Stages: On going
- Client: Gobierno Regional Santiago de Chile
- Project Implementation Budget: NA.
- Team: Groundlab. LyonBosch+Martic, Idom and Sergio Chiquetto
- Status: 1st Prize